So I have recently updated a page with links to some of my work. I’ve written thousands of articles over the years but have never really had one place to read a lot of it. I’ve posted links to some of it below. I’m always adding to it, and have lots more to add. So watch this space
Publications I have written for
I have written thousands of articles for different publications. I obviously can’t list them all here but I’ve included some links to a small sample of them below.
- In 2008 I won an Investing on Health Media Award for an article I wrote about a young man in my community called Richard Alcorn who suffered horrific injuries in a car crash. Richard does amazing work on road safety and has won awards for his work. Life’s never over you can always start again
- I was also shortlisted for New Feature Writer of the year in the National Council for the Training of Journalists ( NCTJ) for the article on Richard but also another one I wrote on Ian Howley, a suicide survivor who was campaigning for improved mental health services for young people. ( I don’t have a link to that article but I’m trying to find one so watch this space.)
- Aswell as editing SpunOut.ie from 2012-2017, I wrote for them on a regular basis as a volunteer from 2004. From 2004-2017 I wrote thousands of articles.
- I also published the book- SpunOut.ie Survival Guide to Life. It’s currently out of print and 10,000 copies have been distributed around Ireland. You can access a free pdf or kindle version here.
- I have had articles published in The Irish News ( I did my college placement there and worked on the news desk where I published articles daily), The Irish Times, The Irish Independent, Donegal News, The Donegal Democrat, Tirconaill Tribune, Donegal Daily, The Journal.ie, Broadsheet.ie, A Lust for Life, and I have edited and written thousands of articles for award winning website spunout.ie